July 23, 2008

Joining Stox And A Bluff All-In Takes A Big Pot

Ok, so after running hot for the 3rd day straight (up $130 over 465 hands or 28BB/100) I decided to go ahead and join Stoxpoker today. As I mentioned in a previous post my rakeback site, rakebreak.com will cover the monthly fee ($25) for Stox for every month that I have a monthly gross rake of $500 or more. Not sure I'm going to get there this month but since I'm positive I will beginning next month, I went ahead and joined. So the math works like this; I paid $189 to Stox for 6 months. For that fee I pay the sign-up fee ($75)and get 6 months access to all their videos ($150) and 2 books ($30 Theory of Poker and NL Holdem Theory and Practice). I'll get at least $125 back from rakebreak.com, so it seemed like a fair deal. It will only get better each month after 6 when the monthly fee ($25) is an added benefit from rakebreak.com (basically free $$). Hopefully I'll be able to pick up enough advice from Stox to make the time spent watching the videos worthwhile.

So anyway, like I said I ran great once again last night. When I reveiwed my session afterward I really didn't find too many mistakes and certainly no big mistake until I looked at my winners (I normally look at my losing hands first). Then I noticed that my biggest pot of the day was essentially a bluff CRAI on a monotone flop.



Not sure what our villain (43/12/2) was thinking here other than I had a single club and was pushing with a draw. Of course I figured he may be doing the same and that's why I pushed. I was very pleasantly surprised when his cards were turned over. Not sure this play is profitable against most players because I think it generally limits his calling range to hands that have great equity on us.

No comments: