July 15, 2008

Mid Month Update And I Should Have Bet The Turn

One session last night before bed and I ran very good. I finished up $43.50 over 480 hands or 19.75BB/100. My big bets on my big hands were being called with seemingly any two. It was really nice. Even my worst plays weren't very costly and I made relatively few of them. Here is last night's worst:



I check the flop to play it as a wb/wa hand (either he has the A or he doesn't). After he checks behind on the flop I should bet the turn for value but I check again for no real reason. The river of course is a horrible card for us and we're forced to check/call his little bet. No real huge loss here but if I had bet the turn it would have been a small gain.

Updates


1) Play 15,000 hands - Ahead of pace (9,600 thus far)

2) Clear my mid-year $100 bonus - $80 of $100 cleared so far

3) Maintain a 6BB/100 win rate - So far so good (7.96)

4) Grow my BR by $450 - Ahead of pace ($392)

5) Be ready and rolled to play 50NL by the end of July (BR > $1200) - Modified this one to start when I have a BR > $1500. Currently at $1250 with $100 bonus and $110 rakeback to come, so looking good.

6) Make finding hands to post here everyday harder for myself - Mixed. When I'm playing bad it's WAY too easy.

7) Don't make plays that I am embarrassed by - So far so good.

Monthly graph to date with SD and NSD winnings included for Jagsti (click to see full size):

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you delaying yourself from 50nl? Are you scared or something? You're good enough. You have the bankroll. I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind this. I guess if you are scared then you shouldn't move up if you will only play scared.

WVHillbilly said...

Not delaying just want to be rolled for it. Everyone who vote in my poll last week suggested 30 BIs, so that's what I want to go with. Don't worry I'll get there in enough time to tell you all about it when you make it. :)

Anonymous said...

You had a poll? 30 big blinds? For an increase in stakes that everyone says is basically no difference in the quality of play? Dude, we'll just disagree.

I do admire your carefulness though, in all seriousness. Plus you will even be at that pretty soon, at basically the end of this month right? Right. Get there bud.