July 27, 2008

Back On Track And Getting Stupid With A Pair Draw

Well I managed to quick;y lose $50 at my buddies live game Friday night. I just never had cards and when I did they were always 2nd best. In the time I was there, about 3 hours, I won only 3 hands and the biggest of those was with 35os in the bb, that flopped trips. Fortunately one of my opponents had decides to limp with AA from EP and he paid me off. Other than that I played rather poorly and was too impatient the whole night.

So when I returned home I managed to get in a session on Full Tilt so I could keep my gold medal dreams alive for the month. I actually managed to win about $58 in 275 hands (21.1BB/100). This was the dumbest play of the session:



The biggest mistake here is of course calling the initial raise from the shorty. We're getting almost no implied odds and we really should just be mucking our hand here.

I also had a winning session this afternoon, finishing up $86 in just over 700 hands (12BB/100). It was a very swingy session which started down $20, then I went up $100, then back to even, and finally working my way back up to where I finished up. The following is what I consider my worst hand of the day:



Our villain here is a very bad 54/22/3 who I thought might fold to my all-in (I figured him for a draw or a weak made hand). I'm not sure why I thought he would fold anything he would bet here and of course just folding and waiting for a better hand to take his stack would have been the better play. Although he did give me action in a later hand (this time he only had TPGK to my set) and I took it all back (with interest) before he left the table.

No comments: