July 19, 2008

First 50NL Sessions And A Really Bad Bet

Well after I posted last night's entry I logged on to Full Tilt and loaded up 8 50NL tables and played 560 hands ending up down $43 (-7.7BB/100). I was a little disappointed in my play (I got crazy bluffy for some reason) but the bottom line wasn't too bad and the level of play was as bad, maybe worse, than 25NL. An example:



So after I woke up this morning I decided I needed to jump back into it and I played pretty well (still a few to many bluffs) and after catching a few cards I ended up winning $92 after 430 hands (21.4BB/100). So this makes my 1st day at 50NL a winner being up $49 at a winrate of 5BB/100. I'll take that. Another "benefit" is the increased rake. I've never seen FTPs add up so fast. It should allow me to qualify for a free Stox membership through rakebreak.com (they pay the monthly $25 fee as long as your MGR is over $500) next month certainly and possibly this month.

Now let's see what stupidity looks like at double the stakes.


I call with decent set mining odds and hit bottom set on a possible straight board, so I bet out and get 1 caller (58/8/1.5). When the 2 hits the board this gives any 3 the straight, yet when our villain checks I inexplicably push all-in. Overbetting the pot and essentially ensuring that I only get calls from the hands I fear most (bigger sets and straights). Just a horrible play on my part and one that I plan to try to avoid from now on. We'll see how that works out.

Tonight I'm playing at a home cash game so no more online till tomorrow.

1 comment:

Icemonkey9 said...

Told ya that 50nl was soft. Real soft. Glad to see the updates, I am real curious for obvious reasons to see how you do there! Good luck! play well!